What is BrainTap and How Does It Work?
BrainTap, essentially, is like meditation on steroids without any user effort. That’s my kind of meditation! It is gentle light and sound therapy that utilizes specific frequency tones and light wavelengths to allow you to reach the same states reached in deep meditation, but without years of disciplined practice. This is a state that leads to mental clarity, greater intuition, and behavior change. BrainTap enhances sleep, so you can awaken feeling rejuvenated and energized. It reduces stress, worry, and irritability while supporting emotional stability and mental harmony. How does it work though? There are several things going on when you are using the BrainTap headset that, when combined, create a state of hypermnesia, or super-memory.
1) Your EEG activity is being altered – Your brain naturally follows rhythms and patterns, and it will do just that with the lights and tones being delivered through the audio file and headset. As the light and tone frequencies change, so does the frequency in your brain.
2) You are being dissociated – When playing any of the BrainTap sessions, you get drawn into a twilight state where you let go of thoughts relating to your daily hassles, hectic schedules, bills, worries, threats or anxieties and stop the unhealthy mental chatter. Dissociation involves a disconnection of self from thoughts and body awareness, as is experienced during deep meditation. This temporary and beneficial state of dissociation begins in four to eight minutes with the frequency following response that is built into each session on the BrainTap.
3) Your limbic system is being stabilized – Your body is calmed, your breathing becomes rhythmic, your hands warm and your muscles relax. The limbic system is involved in motivation, emotion, learning, and memory.
4) Several neurotransmitters are being produced – People in a depressed mood have low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine. Audio/visual stimulation from the BrainTap headset produces the deeply relaxed brain states known to boost brain levels of serotonin, beta-endorphins and norepinephrine, all of which serve to improve overall wellbeing.
5) Your cerebral blood flow (CBF) is being increased – Poor CBF is associated with many forms of mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, attentional problems, behavior disorders and impaired cognitive function. CBF tends to lower as we age, often causing cognitive decline. People experiencing depressed mood usually have lower levels of CBF in the left frontal and prefrontal lobes.
6) You are visualizing the life you want – While you are in a state of hypermnesia, your brain is no longer limited by time and you have direct access to the subconscious mind. There is simply no better state for practicing visualization and imagery to enhance your quality of life. Imagery is not only related to sight, but also to smell, taste, sound and touch. BrainTap’s visualizations are positive and heighten all the senses in one’s imagination so that the probability that the desired results will occur in real time is dramatically increased.
If you have any stress in your life (who doesn’t), then BrainTap can benefit you. If you have wanted to get into meditation but struggle with it, then BrainTap can benefit you. To find out more about BrainTap, click here. However, if you are in the Bucks County or Montgomery County areas, then call us and find out how to try a session!